Using the Phone.com meeting add-on lets Google calendar users schedule and join a Phone.com meeting directly from Google Workspace. Users will get access to Phone.com meetings features including video and audio conferencing, screen sharing, meeting chat, digital whiteboards, and more.
Note: You must be a Gsuite administrator in order make these changes
Disable Google Meet as your default Video provider
- Open your Google Admin console dashboard and go to Apps > Google Workspace > Calendar.
- Click Sharing Settings > Video conferencing.
- Uncheck Make Google the default video conferencing provider when available and click save.
Set Phone.com as the default video conferencing add-on
- Open your Google Admin console dashboard and go to Apps > Google Workspace.
- Click the three dots next to Google Meet and select 'Turn OFF for everyone'.
- Install Phone.com for all users in the Google Marketplace by searching 'Phone.com'.
- From the Google Admin console dashboard, go to Apps > Google Workspace > Calendar.
- Select Sharing settings > Video conferencing. Check 'Automatically add video calls to events users create'. Click Save.